Friday, March 24, 2006

Celebrating a year in US...

Still rem the first time, I was told to travel to US..it wasn't a news..I was expecting it..only the duration was 3 months..Never knew it wud reach to 2 yrs!! Still rem the excitement I had...not because I was coming to the US of A...coz i was getting a chance to travel to a new destination where I could satisfy my hunger - for travel...
what a journey it was..still scared to go back even for a vacation at teh thought of enduring 1 full day of travel..hopefully the direct flight wud save me!!reched Atlanta somehow and what a shock!! US was so big , so very diff from "Sweet London" - the place I had fallen in love with as soon as I had landed@heathrow...
nyhow, took it in the spirit, hired a cab and I was all set for my excursion from the Arpt to the aprtment complex where my frnd was waiting for me...This was just the begginning...

My life tok a complete turn..where I had everything served to me on a silver spoon in UK, US was complete opposite..one is handicapped here w/o a car!! the initial hickups lasted 3 months and then some in which all I could think of was London n how I could get back there.., which somehow i had come to think of as " My London "...
It was the trip to the MardiGras and the "Sin City" and of course the NYC which did it...I actually started liking US, which I had strong doubts about!! But then...

one cannot go visit these places everyday,especially when ur far away deep down in south..ATL the "Hip Hop Hub"...
Life stores many surprises 2005 was the best and the worst yr of my life..2006 didnt start on a cheery note also but then one thing I realized and that made me feel somewhat better!!That I actually have fallen in love with this place - ATL and that I have started enjoying hip hop!!and hopping on its tunes :))
Took me almost an year but yes finally, Atlanta roped me in, with its vibrant night life, amazing restaurants of course cool dudes " yo man!! "...

Completed a yr on the New Year's eve.. waiting for another now :))
Hope to write back with the same fond memories at that time too!!

3 Comments:

At 9:48 PM , Blogger Aks said...

Seems like you have fallen in love again...with ATL..nice recap !!
Keep writting.. missed your words for a while but its good to see you write again.

 
At 9:09 PM , Blogger Nuts said...

i had fallen in love.. too bad will be leaving it again soon... but then this is life :)

 
At 1:37 PM , Blogger Prateet said...

Like the meeting of waves and sea gulls we come near,
Waves roll away, sea gulls fly off
and we depart !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home